SALT LAKE CITY — The Weber County Sheriff’s office reported a Weber County investigator has been booked into the Davis County Jail on charges of voyeurism, obstruction of justice, and sexual exploitation of a minor.
Weber County officials stated a criminal complaint was filed against CSI Investigator Marc Swain on Jan. 26. Swain was reportedly booked into jail Wednesday.
The complaint against the investigator was filed through the Ogden City Police Department and the investigation was transferred to a neighboring county agency due to conflicts of interest.
“We recognize the emotional impact on public trust which arises out of these circumstances,” said Sheriff Ryan Arbon.
“The Weber County Sheriff’s Office is committed to full cooperation with the investigating agency, ensuring due process, and maintaining public trust through transparency.”
Swain is on administrative leave and a statement from the Weber County Sheriff’s office indicates that an internal administrative investigation has begun.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- The Nightside Project is Back!
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia