Missing Millcreek woman found dead in Wyoming
MILLCREEK, Utah — A missing 78-year-old Millcreek woman was found dead in Wyoming Monday morning. The Unified Police Department believes weather conditions caused the woman’s death.
The UPD initially sent out a Silver Alert for Victoria Acoba on Oct. 21, though she had been missing since Oct. 19.
Police believe Acoba had run out of fuel and began walking. “Unfortunately, due to weather conditions she did not survive,” the UPD said in an update to Acoba’s case.
Police said Acoba had been seen in Syracuse, Roy and Ogden in the days following Oct. 19 and had been driving her red Mazda.
“We are saddened at the outcome of this case. Our deepest condolences to her family and friends,” the UPD said in its update.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Washington Elementary playground to get $800,000 facelift
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas