SALT LAKE CITY – Authorities responded to a small plane crash in Roy near I-15 on Sunday afternoon.
The first reported spot of the crash was near the area of 4450 South 1500 West at about 3:30 P.M. Roy police say two people were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities took one by helicopter and another by ambulance.
Authorities also say a Good Samaritan helping on the ground was taken to the hospital in stable condition after inhaling some smoke.
I-15 southbound will remain closed for some time, please use alternative routes. I-84 and surface streets as needed or avoid the area completely if possible. pic.twitter.com/C6MYlSZuoD
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 17, 2019
“We do initially appreciate assistance from the public,” Roy police officer Stuart Hackworth said. “And then once we arrive on scene, we greatly appreciate their cooperation in letting us and emergency medical personnel do our jobs.”
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- Sears staves off liquidation, stores to remain open
- Lunar eclipse during supermoon set for early Wednesday morning
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Trooper Justin Hansen
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- SLC hit hard by flash flooding
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers