Small plane crashes in Roy near I-15 leaving two in critical condition
SALT LAKE CITY – Authorities responded to a small plane crash in Roy near I-15 on Sunday afternoon.
The first reported spot of the crash was near the area of 4450 South 1500 West at about 3:30 P.M. Roy police say two people were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities took one by helicopter and another by ambulance.
Authorities also say a Good Samaritan helping on the ground was taken to the hospital in stable condition after inhaling some smoke.
I-15 southbound will remain closed for some time, please use alternative routes. I-84 and surface streets as needed or avoid the area completely if possible. pic.twitter.com/C6MYlSZuoD
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 17, 2019
“We do initially appreciate assistance from the public,” Roy police officer Stuart Hackworth said. “And then once we arrive on scene, we greatly appreciate their cooperation in letting us and emergency medical personnel do our jobs.”
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Utah gets more diverse; researcher says it should influence policy
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- Drug tests and background checks are becoming less important to employers. Here’s why
- BYU football names LSU assistant coach Jeff Grimes as new offensive coordinator
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer