SALT LAKE CITY – Authorities responded to a small plane crash in Roy near I-15 on Sunday afternoon.
The first reported spot of the crash was near the area of 4450 South 1500 West at about 3:30 P.M. Roy police say two people were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities took one by helicopter and another by ambulance.
Authorities also say a Good Samaritan helping on the ground was taken to the hospital in stable condition after inhaling some smoke.
I-15 southbound will remain closed for some time, please use alternative routes. I-84 and surface streets as needed or avoid the area completely if possible. pic.twitter.com/C6MYlSZuoD
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 17, 2019
“We do initially appreciate assistance from the public,” Roy police officer Stuart Hackworth said. “And then once we arrive on scene, we greatly appreciate their cooperation in letting us and emergency medical personnel do our jobs.”
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Former Bonneville International President passes away
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- New rules for picking up missionaries at Salt Lake City International Airport
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Hill Cumorah Pageant’s final year will come in 2021 instead
- How does the Electoral College work?
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Motherhood, family size increasing in U.S.