Police say a man ‘bent’ on stealing a blue 2014 Bentley is now behind bars. According to a police affidavit, 22-year-old Hercule Brown entered Ferrari Maserate of Salt Lake City on State Street late Tuesday. Salt Lake police spokesman Michael Ruff says the Bentley was blocked by several other cars, so Brown broke into a locked cabinet and took 21 key fobs. Ruff says some time later, he backed a white Lexus into a gray Ferrari before driving the Lexis into a garage bay wall.
“He then side-swiped a black Lotus before deciding he wasn’t going to get the car he wanted and left on foot,” added Ruff.
The Lotus sustained damage to the driver’s side of the vehicle. Exact monetary damage done to cars and other property within the dealership itself is not yet known, but Ruff says it’s in well into the thousands of dollars.
According to the affidavit, Brown loaded his dream Bentley with “Ferrari brand luggage, computers, printer and phones, along with other items he had confiscated from inside the dealership.
After his failed attempt to steal the Bentley, police say Brown walked away from the dealership before officers arrested him. Brown has a long criminal history that includes thefts. Police say he broke in to the Boys and Girls Club at 567 W. 300 North on February 7, stealing tools.
He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of 24 counts of theft and burglary, and four counts of criminal mischief.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Utah voters break a record for presidential primary participation
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Searchers make urgent plea for more help finding missing hiker
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT