LAYTON, Utah — I-15 in Layton between Antelope Drive and Layton Parkway will be closed for 3 nights. Crews will need this time to place beams across the freeway as construction on the Church Street bridge begins.
UDOT spokesman John Gleason says that the closures will begin nightly closures. The closures will start Friday night and go on through Monday morning at 5 a.m.
The nightly closures are as follows:
· Friday, March 20, at 10 p.m. to Saturday, March 21, at 8 a.m.
· Saturday, March 21, at 10 p.m. to Sunday, March 22, at 9 a.m.
· Sunday, March 22, at 9 p.m. to Monday, March 23, at 5 a.m.
“During these closures, all southbound drivers will be detoured off of I-15 at Antelope Drive, and northbound drivers will be detoured off at Layton Parkway. Traffic will be routed onto Main Street in Layton and then back onto I-15. Drivers should plan ahead for heavy delays, allow extra time to travel the detour route, or avoid the area if possible,” he says.
UDOT says the construction on the new Church Street bridge is part of UDOT’s I-15 Davis Weber Express Lanes project. The project will extend Express Lanes from Layton Pkwy to Riverdale Road.
The project is extending the I-15 Express Lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road, to improve traffic flow and reduce delays along I-15.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- On Twitter, limited number of users spreading fake info
- Salt Lake County urges people to find new ways to visit elderly loved ones
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Proposed bill would allow students to take mental health days from school
- Lightning strike kills two giraffes at a popular Florida attraction