We now know what the new temples in Tooele Valley and Washington County, Utah will look like.
On Tuesday The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released the renderings of both the Tooele Valley and Washington County temples.
Plans for the Tooele Valley Temple call for a three-story temple of around 70,000 square feet. It will be built northwest of the intersection of Erda Way and Highway 36 in Erda, Utah. It was announced in the April 2019 General Conference.
The Washington County Utah Temple will be three-stories and about 90,000 square feet. It will be built on a site northeast of 3000 East 1500 South in St George, Utah. It will be the second temple in St George, and was announced in October 2018 General Conference. The temple site is 14 acres.
The St. George Temple was the first temple of the church to be dedicated after the Latter-day Saints settled in Utah. It closed last November for renovation and is scheduled to reopen sometime in 2022.
While we now know what the outside of both of these temples will look like, the detailed designs and interior renderings are not out yet. The church says those design plans are still in process and will be made public later.
Groundbreaking dates are also not yet on the calendar.
Utah has 17 operating temples, with seven more announced or under construction including Saratoga Springs, Layton, Orem, Taylorsville and Syracuse.
The Church also released a rendering of the temple planned for Moses Lake, Washington. It will be the fourth temple in that state.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Rose Park Connect: Partnership to provide internet access