Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about KSL NewsRadio
Here are some of the questions (FAQ) we’re asked a lot about KSL NewsRadio and its employees.
If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is KSL’s brand mission?
KSL’s mission statement, which is displayed prominently on a wall as you walk into the newsroom, reads: “KSL provides leadership that builds up, connects, informs & celebrates Utah’s communities and families.”
We strive to keep that mission top-of-mind in all of our reporting. As members of the community, what affects you affects us, too!
How can I submit a story idea or tell KSL about a news event?
You can call the newsroom anytime at 801-575-6397, or send us tips via email. The address is: email@example.com
What should I do if I think KSL needs to make a correction?
Much like submitting a story idea, we’d love to hear from you. We strive for accuracy and we want to know if you think we’re missing something. Call 801-575-6397 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who owns KSL NewsRadio?
KSL NewsRadio is owned by Bonneville International Corporation, a company which also oversees radio stations in other markets, including Seattle, Phoenix and Denver. BIC, in turn, falls under the Deseret Management Corporation. DMC is a management and holding company for for-profit businesses owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In other words, the church owns DMC, which manages BIC, which operates KSL. As for-profit entities, KSL and its sister properties pay taxes and are operated like any other business. The KSL newsroom has operational independence and maintains separate, editorial staffing from the church.
Today’s Top Stories
- Only about 2,000 people speak the Cherokee language fluently. The tribe is saving some…
- USU President Noelle E. Cockett will step down
- US to lift travel ban on 8 southern African countries
- Community works to rally around teens killed in rollover
- Russian troops slam generals over ‘incomprehensible battle’ that reportedly…
- Student suspect in custody after 3 football players shot dead and 2 people wounded at the…
- Salt Lake seeing highest drop in home sales, national report finds
- More than 100 feared dead after tornadoes tear through several states
- Senate President Stuart Adams blames Donovan Mitchell for blowback on attempted Critical…
- Bates sworn in as SLCSD interim superintendent