SALT LAKE CITY — Police responded to multiple shootings last night in Salt Lake City, including one that left a teen dead, across three separate but apparently connected crime scenes.
Around 6:46 p.m. Saturday night, police responded to multiple gunshots at 950 S 1100 W in Salt Lake City. Upon their arrival, they found an 18-year-old male in critical condition; he later succumbed to his wounds and died at that location.
Salt Lake City Police say they found a vehicle involved in that shooting a short time later in the Glendale area near 945 S and 900 W. Authorities report finding a 17 or 18-year-old male victim in critical condition from gunshot wounds. Crews took him to a nearby medical center.
Police say there were a total of three scenes related to the shootings among other incidents that happened last night. They did not disclose the third location to KSL NewsRadio at this time. Police also did not immediately identify the victims.
Homicide and gang detectives are assisting in the investigation to determine whether the string of multiple shootings in Salt Lake were gang-related.
Today’s Top Stories
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Detective on the McCluskey case fired for mishandling another young woman’s domestic…
- All-clear given at Lone Peak High School after possible “wrong school” threat
- Latest Mitt Romney polls: Republican approval rating drop
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school