LONDON (AP) — Scottish actor Sean Connery, considered by many to have been the best James Bond, has died. He was 90.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she was “heartbroken” at the news.
“Our nation today mourns one of her best loved sons,” she said.
In a varied career, Connery played James Bond seven times, starting with “Dr. No” in 1962. His portrayal defined the suave secret agent for a generation of fans.
He also had major roles in films including “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,” “Highlander” and “The Hunt for Red October.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting