A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Utahns rally to clean up Salt Lake City, Capitol Building after protests
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Senator Lee attends prayer breakfast in Guatamala