SALT LAKE CITY — A former top aide to U.S. Ambassador to Russia and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman is calling on him to resign after yesterday’s meeting between Presidents Trump and Putin.
Long-time Republican and Huntsman’s former campaign strategist John Weaver tweeted at him, “Resign, if you have any honor.”
@JonHuntsman Resign, if you have any honor.
— John Weaver (@JWGOP) July 16, 2018
It all comes on the heels of President Trump seeming to side with Putin’s denials of Russian election meddling.
Huntsman has not spoken since the summit.
His daughter, Abby Huntsman, sharply criticized Mr. Trump saying, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.”
No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.
— Abby Huntsman (@HuntsmanAbby) July 16, 2018
Politico is posing the question of whether or not Ambassador Huntsman will stay in the administration.
Today’s Top Stories
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- Security guards, like one suspected of murder, have training for licensing
- Pleasant Grove liquor store closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Right on the Money: save by following the 24-hour rule
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Falling rock or debris may be to blame in death at Bridal Veil Falls
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Local police respond to nationwide T-Mobile issue
- Trevor Swenson, Clearfield City Police Department