SALT LAKE CITY — A former top aide to U.S. Ambassador to Russia and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman is calling on him to resign after yesterday’s meeting between Presidents Trump and Putin.
Long-time Republican and Huntsman’s former campaign strategist John Weaver tweeted at him, “Resign, if you have any honor.”
@JonHuntsman Resign, if you have any honor.
— John Weaver (@JWGOP) July 16, 2018
It all comes on the heels of President Trump seeming to side with Putin’s denials of Russian election meddling.
Huntsman has not spoken since the summit.
His daughter, Abby Huntsman, sharply criticized Mr. Trump saying, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.”
No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.
— Abby Huntsman (@HuntsmanAbby) July 16, 2018
Politico is posing the question of whether or not Ambassador Huntsman will stay in the administration.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Latter-day Saints apostle, cardiologist weighs in on wearing masks
- Greg Skordas: Democratic nominee for Utah attorney general
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Despite the pandemic, rent in Salt Lake City continues to rise
- Patty Jenkins describes the ‘complex’ joy of shooting ‘Wonder Woman 1984’
- Roy High teacher accused of sexual enticement, exploitation of a minor