JayMac: The time had finally come for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Judge Brett Kavanaugh to testify before the United States Senate Judiciary regarding the allegation of sexual assault against Kavanaugh. These allegations surfaced before the Judiciary committee was set to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Both Kavanaugh and Ford agreed to testify before the Senate and receive questions by each of the committee members.
One of the things that made Ford credible was that she never seized on moments to make her case better or stronger. For instance, when she was asked how this has affected her family, a political person would make a calculated decision and embellish in the ways in which situation like this one affected their family. However, Ford was honest and straightforward in her response.
I’m convinced that Dr. Ford is convinced that this event happened. I do not believe that she had any political motives in the way she responded to the Senate committee.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- United Angels Foundation
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Homeless man filmed shaving on train, mocked on Twitter
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Movie theater operators hope ‘Tom and Jerry’ gives the industry a much needed boost
- Ingenuity Mars helicopter: The historic journey to fly on another planet
- More women are outearning their husbands than ever – but we aren’t willing to…
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park