As we wait to learn the motives of the person behind the bombing targets to several prominent Democrats, I ask everyone to be cautious and compassionate. We don’t know why these people were targeted, but we do know that they’re Americans and that they’re a danger. Isn’t that enough?
I’m truly blown away by some of our listener comments today. Accusing the Democrats who received explosives of sending themselves the packages as a political stunt, or of deserving what they got? There’s a word for that, and it’s not “patriotism.” It’s “victim blaming,” and it’s unacceptable.
If you’ve already made up your mind about the bombing, regardless of the lack of evidence, you’re part of the problem. If it’s more important to you to shore up your political ideology than to demonstrate compassion for your countrymen, you’re part of the problem. I don’t care if you’re blaming Trump, the Dems or the Russians — if you’re not willing to wait for information before developing and weaponizing your opinion, you’re part of the problem.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Utahns rally to clean up Salt Lake City, Capitol Building after protests
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Senator Lee attends prayer breakfast in Guatamala