SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City, Denver, or Reno-Tahoe? The U.S. Olympic Committee is set to announce its bid city by the end of 2018 for the 2030 Winter Olympics.
Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski hopes site visits next month and public opinion polls from the U.S. Olympic Committee will boost support for a Winter Games return.
Biskupski says Salt Lake has a strong Olympic legacy, plus all of the facilities from the 2002 Games are intact.
Still, the state legislature has pledged $40 million to upgrade them.
Last year, the state’s Olympic Exploratory Committee poll found 89% of Utahns would support bringing another Olympic Games to the Beehive State.
Today’s Top Stories
- Train derailment causes mess near Milford
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah
- Mrs. Jill Muhlestein – Elk Meadows Elementary