MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minnesota man whose body was found over the weekend in the Strawberry Reservoir apparently drowned along with his friend from Salt Lake City.
The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office says the body of 24-year-old Benjamin Magalis of Goodhue, Minnesota, was found in the Strawberry Reservoir southeast of Salt Lake City on Saturday. The body of a friend Magalis was with, 26-year-old Chenoa Plank, was found Sunday.
Authorities say it appears the two drowned after their canoe capsized on Nov. 12, though the cause of death remains under investigation. Plank’s dog was found and rescued Friday.
Magalis and Plank worked at a local ski resort.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Utah’s Tyler Huntley could return before upcoming bowl game
- Fans and stars say a remake of Princess Bride is ‘Inconceivable!’
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings
- NBA fan shares virtual fan experience cheering ‘Orlando Bubble’ from home
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Victim identified in fatal St. George shooting
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’