ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ewan McGregor is reprising his “Star Wars” role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new series.
The Disney Plus project with McGregor drew big cheers when it was announced Friday at the D23 Expo fan event.
The untitled series is among a number of splashy projects that Disney is banking on to make its new streaming platform competitive.
The audience of about 6,000 people voiced enthusiasm for another “Star Wars”-related series, “The Mandalorian,” which producers said is set in a yet unexplored time for the space saga.
Disney Plus also announced that Hilary Duff will return as a grown-up version of the title character in “Lizzie McGuire.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington