SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced they are opening eight new missions around the world.
Half of the new missions set to open in Africa, two are in Texas, and two are in South and Central America.
They say the changes to mission boundaries change regularly as the needs and demands of each area around the world change.
The new missions are:
Brazil Recife South
Ecuador Guayaquil East
Ethiopia Addis Ababa
Tanzania Dar es Salaam
Texas Dallas East
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Live Mic: Nazi headstone in Utah to be removed
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah