(CNN) — Kanye West is back at it.
West, who just dropped his album “Jesus Is King” in October, followed it up with another album — “Jesus Is Born.”
Sensing a theme?
The album’s primary artist is listed as the Sunday Service Choir, a gospel collective featuring West, which has also performed in his Sunday Service hip-hop and gospel pop-up events.
The album features 19 songs — including a cover of West’s own “Ultralight Beam” and “Balm In Gilead,” a traditional gospel song.
West hinted at the album back in October, when he told Zane Lowe in an interview for Beats 1 that the album was coming.
“Jesus Is Born” is another move in the gospel-rap direction for West, who began being vocal about his faith journey this year. While working on “Jesus Is King,” the rapper even asked collaborators not to engage in premarital sex while involved with the album.
While he used to rap extensively about that subject, it’s clear West is a changed man. But he’s also come under fire from fans, after he came out in support of Donald Trump in 2018 and called slavery a choice.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Lee parts ways with President over who killed Saudi journalist
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings