(Ogden) AP- The president of Weber State University has announced a $10 million scholarship initiative will soon be accessible for students encountering financial difficulties. Standard-Examiner reported that President Brad Mortensen made the announcement Tuesday at his inauguration ceremony as the university’s 13th president. University officials say the scholarship was designed to provide support to students who are near completion but have encountered obstacles. Fundraising has begun for the scholarship and officials say they expect to earn $10 million by July 1 and award the first scholarship recipients this year. Mortensen was named president in December 2018.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Is it time to scrap straight-ticket voting in Utah?
- When Democrats switch sides for the GOP primary, is it sabotage?
- Record breaking year for Utah’s tourism industry
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- No school for kids at one Utah school, courtesy of a garbage fire
- Bill merging Health and Human Services with UDOH passes committee
- UDOT going forward with West Davis Corridor
- Planning to watch election results? It may take a while.
- Utah woman says bison flipped her into air, broke her ankle