The race for Utah governor just got more crowded. Jan Garbett has announced she is running as a Republican.
Jan Garbett believes good solutions come from good people and she wants to give back to the Utah community with her service as governor.
Garbett said in an interview with KSL NewsRadio, “I was preparing to run for congress. Then I found out some information that the gubernatorial candidates were fully behind President Trump. I realized that people in Utah need a choice”.
Who is Jan Garbett?
Garbett, a native Utahn, attended Brigham Young University and the University of Utah. Though she earned her degree in English, Garbett co-founded and runs the multimillion-dollar home construction company, Garbett Homes.
Garbett Homes has built over 5,000 homes and apartments in the state, though Garbett is currently selling homes throughout the Wasatch Front.
Jan Garbett political history
Garbett is not a political novice. She ran as a United Utah Party candidate for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District in 2018, though she withdrew.
She and Vaughn Cook also ran for governor and lieutenant governor of Utah in 2016 on a Democratic ticket, though Garbett was previously registered as a Republican. They were defeated at the convention.
Her husband Bryson also served two terms in the Utah House of Representatives in the 1980s.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated