MURRAY — The state liquor store in Murray is temporarily closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
Terry Wood, the Director of Communications and Public Information for the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (Utah DABC), said an employee at the Murray Liquor Store was tested for COVID-19 and a positive result came back on Sunday.
“The employee contracted COVID-19 from a close family member, not a customer in the store,” Wood said.
Wood said all employees at the Murray location were tested for COVID-19 coronavirus, however, the results are not back yet.
“We’re awaiting confirmation of the tests from the other employees to determine when we will be able to re-open the store,” said Wood.
No other employee has shown symptoms of the virus according to Wood, but they’ve all been tested.
A third party company is doing a deep clean of the store before employees and customers are allowed back inside. Thursday is the earliest the Murray Liquor Store will open.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirusis transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keepchildren and those with compromised immune systemsaway from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department