WEST VALLEY CITY– Free COVID-19 testing will take place on Friday, May 29 for those who do not have health insurance.
The Consulate of Mexico in Salt Lake City in collaboration with Victor’s Event Center, the Utah Department of Health, and the University of Utah Wellness Bus have organized a free testing event at the Victor Event Center in West Valley City (2537 S 3270 W).
Coronavirus tests will be administered in the car, drive-thru style at no cost. The event is specifically aimed at testing those who do not have access to healthcare or insurance. Tests are available regardless of symptoms.
Individuals seeking tests need to schedule an appointment by contacting any of the following numbers: 801-747-9547, 801-413-3248, or 801-436-7118 (bilingual).
Aquí está la información en Español
El Consulado de México en Salt Lake City en colaboración con Victor’s Event Center, el Departamento de Salud de Utah y la Universidad de Utah, invitan a la comunidad en general a realizarse la prueba de COVID-19, este viernes 29 de mayo:
Victor’s Event Center (2537 S 3270 W West Valley City, UT 84119) de 9:oo am a 1:00 pm.
Las pruebas se administrarán en el automóvil de la persona, al estilo Drive-Thru, sin costo. Cabe mencionar que estas pruebas son para aquellos que actualmente no tienen seguro médico y deberán programar una cita comunicándose a los siguientes números: 801-747-9547, 801-413-3248 o 801-436-7118 (bilingüe).
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- 4 Fun Family Activities You Can Do at a County Fair
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Hiker finds body in Hells Canyon