Heber Valley Utah is a Great Weekend Trip: 3 Fun Family Friendly Activities to do with Your Family Next Weekend
A weekend getaway is closer than you might think in Heber Valley, Utah. The incredible hotels, delicious restaurants, and fun activities are going to be something you and your family are going to want to return to year after year. Here are 3 Heber Valley activities to dip your toes into:
Heber Valley Railroad
The Heber Valley Railroad is probably the most well-known attraction in the Heber Valley. Formerly known as the “Heber Creeper” the trains runs between Heber City and Vivian Park in Provo Canyon. The charm of the Heber Valley Railroad is really why you’ll want to check it out and take a ride. They are booking right now and are practicing social distancing and mask-wearing. But it’s definitely worth the ride and the Scenery
Heber Valley Artisan Cheese
Heber Valley Artisan Cheese is a can’t miss if you are in the area. You may have seen some of their cheese around Utah. but this is a place to get it at the source. At the creamery, you can buy some of the cheese, have a freshly made grilled cheese, and they offer tours with tastings, cheese making classes, and even seasonal events. Plus, you can see the cows that are treated like royalty just to get some of the best Holstein milk for the cheese.
Despite the name, it’s not actually an open crater. The Crater at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah is actually a geothermal spring, hidden within a 55-foot tall, beehive-shaped limestone rock. With a large vent at the top, it will make you feel like you are swimmihttps://homesteadresort.com/utah-resort-things-to-do/homestead-crater/ng in a warm relaxing volcano. You can swim in The Crater but for the more adventurous, you can go scuba diving in The Crater. The max scuba diving depth is 4o feet due to its high elevation. Make sure you book a reservation in advance as they tend to fill up fast!
Today’s Top Stories
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- JayMac’s opinion: The brat brawl between Pelosi and Trump. Who’s right? Both wrong.
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Abandoned sacred places around the world
- What it was like hunting memes outside Area 51
- Right On The Money: Should parents pay their kids for good grades?
- Online learning still a challenge for students, districts say it’s getting better
- Wild Parsnip, toxic plant that can cause 3rd degree blisters, sighted in Utah