University of Utah announces plan for full-capacity stadium for 2021 season
SALT LAKE CITY – The University of Utah athletic program officially announced its plans for a full-capacity stadium for the 2021 football season.
Athletic Director, Mark Harlan, says the program is happy to make the announcement with all that has happened in the past year.
“We are incredibly excited to be planning for a sold-out, full-capacity environment at Rice-Eccles Stadium for the 2021 football season,” said Mark Harlan, Director of Athletics. “We are so grateful for our passionate, loyal fans, who have stood by us and supported our department through a very challenging time.
“I’m also thrilled for our student-athletes, coaches and staff, who have worked so hard and maintained a high standard throughout everything, and will again be able to experience the roar of the home crowd. We can’t wait for Sept. 2 when we open the expanded Rice-Eccles Stadium and unveil the Ken Garff Performance Zone with 51,444 in the building.”
The Utes’ season opener is at home when it faces in-state foe Weber State. For more coverage on the upcoming season check out KSL Sports.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Utah gets more diverse; researcher says it should influence policy
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- Drug tests and background checks are becoming less important to employers. Here’s why
- BYU football names LSU assistant coach Jeff Grimes as new offensive coordinator
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer