SALT LAKE CITY —Around 10:45 pm last night a 3-year-old girl was seriously injured after running into the road outside the Utah State Fairpark near 1100 West and 300 North, according to Salt Lake City Police.
The girl was running in front of her parents who were yelling at her to stop. She paused, and then ran into the road and was hit by a pickup truck.
She was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital with serious injuries, but she is expected to be OK and police say her injuries are not life-threatening.
The driver of the truck was cooperating with police and investigators do not think the driver was impaired or speeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heart of Utah: Two Navy doctors from Utah describe pandemic service
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Coyote sighting reported at the University of Utah campus
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Complaints over bad odor cause U.S. Steel to halt cleanup efforts, for now
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Woman shot in legs after accidental firing at Murray shooting range