SALT LAKE CITY —Around 10:45 pm last night a 3-year-old girl was seriously injured after running into the road outside the Utah State Fairpark near 1100 West and 300 North, according to Salt Lake City Police.
The girl was running in front of her parents who were yelling at her to stop. She paused, and then ran into the road and was hit by a pickup truck.
She was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital with serious injuries, but she is expected to be OK and police say her injuries are not life-threatening.
The driver of the truck was cooperating with police and investigators do not think the driver was impaired or speeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Donovan Mitchell scores 30 points, Jazz rout Nuggets 124-105
- Reflecting on lessons learned, new information one-year after Utah earthquake
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Justin Gordon, Utah County Sheriff’s Office
- Vivint Smart Home Arena parent company merges with holding firm