KEARNS, Utah (AP) — Police have arrested a Utah man who they say kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and held her hostage for several days in his basement.
Records show 42-year-old Oscar Martinez-Perez was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Saturday on suspicion of aggravated kidnapping.
Unified Police say they received a call on August 29 from the victim’s brother who believed she was being held against her will.
Police located the woman walking on the street in Kearns. She told officers Martinez-Perez has kidnapped her about four days ago and held against her will in his basement apartment before she escaped.
She said he forced her into a car and threatened to kill her if she left.
Officers arrested Martinez-Perez at his home on August 30.
An attorney for Martinez-Perez had not been listed as of Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Live Mic: Nazi headstone in Utah to be removed
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah