PAYSON — Fire crews in Payson responded to two fires near Utah Lake Monday afternoon. One of which is an orchard fire that has now spread to 100 acres, the other was last reported to be only a few acres in size.
The Orchard Fire was reported to be at 20 acres in size around 4 p.m. this afternoon and is now reported to be at 100 acres. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Around the same time, fire officials said that the Lincoln Fire was a few acres in size and human-caused. Ignition of the fire was caused by target shooters when they hit an exploding target over dry vegetation.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Salt Lake shoppers looking for deals on Black Friday
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…