SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Task Force 1, a team comprised of 80 members from multiple agencies in the Salt Lake Valley, announced that it was activated early Saturday morning to help assist with wide-area search efforts in Oregon.
The task force will join the FEMA Red 1st, Washington Task Force 1 and 1MRP Canine Search Team Human Remains Detection Nevada Task Force1.
Early this morning, Utah Task Force 1 was activated to respond as a Type 1 Team, comprised of 80 members from multiple…
On Saturday, Oregon fire officials reported that more than 1,400 square miles have burned and dozens of people are missing. On Friday, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said that nearly 500,000 people have either been told to evacuate or prepare to do so.
Also on Saturday and for an undisclosed reason, Oregon’s state fire marshal was placed on administrative leave. Jim Walker was replaced by Mariana Ruiz-Temple.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Educators ask parents to help stop the spread of flu in Utah
- Here’s what Burger King’s new logo looks like
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60