OGDEN, Utah — An officer shooting in Ogden is currently under investigation. It comes after an Ogden police officer shot and injured a man Tuesday night who was reportedly threatening officers with a shotgun and knife.
Police sent to home following dispatch call
Ogden Police say around 7 pm dispatchers received a call from a caseworker claiming an 18-year-old man was armed with a shotgun and threatening to kill himself. According to dispatch, the man was inside a home near the 800 block of 5th Street in Ogden.
Later, dispatch received another call saying two people were fighting with the man and that he still had possession of the handgun.
Suspect in “good condition,” shooting under investigation
The investigation is now being handled by the Weber County Attorney’s Office critical incident response team. According to Chief Watt, the officer’s body camera was turned on during the time of the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School
- Utah County Commissioner injured in National Guard training
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free