SALT LAKE CITY — Walmart and Sam’s Clubs announced that Utahns will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine at select store locations by the end of this week.
Utah is one of 22 states participating in a new program called the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s website, “the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program is a collaboration between the federal government, states and territories, and 21 national pharmacy partners and independent pharmacy networks to increase access to COVID-19 vaccination across the United States.”
Those who are eligible, per state vaccine guidelines, can book appointments beginning February 12.
Right now, eligible groups in Utah include healthcare workers, long-term care facility staff and residents, first responders, individuals aged 70 and older, and K-12 teachers and school staff.
Walmart vaccine locations
Right now, only 18 of 59 Utah stores are in the program. Representatives from Walmart and Sam’s Club say they hope to add more stores as more vaccines become available.
Please click here for more information on how to sign up for the Sam’s Club and Walmart vaccine.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021
- Hill Cumorah Pageant final season canceled; Nauvoo Pageant postponed
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says