Starting Monday, the Salt Lake County Health Department will provide COVID-19 vaccinations to anyone who comes to the walk-in vaccination clinic at the Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The walk-in hours will continue through Saturday.
Mayor Jenny Wilson told KSL Newsradio’s Dave and Dujanovic Thursday they’re delighted to accommodate people without appointments.
“Sometimes people have logged in and the appointments are gone,” the mayor said. “Sometimes we have people working who can’t get online. We do have some language barriers and such. So we’re thrilled that we have enough doses next week that we’re able to open up to walk-ins.”
County open walk-in vaccination clinic hours
Thousands of appointments will become available in May, even though the Salt Lake County Health Department was booked solid through the end of April, according to spokesperson Nicholas Rupp. Appointments will still be required for other hours at the Mountain America Expo Center site and for the drive-thru site at the Maverik Center in West Valley City.
All three vaccines will be available at the county’s sites, including the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the two-dose Moderna and Pfizer types, according to Mayor Wilson.
“For some people, one dose is going to be easiest, and for others, coming back a second time isn’t such a big deal,” she said.
This comes as the Weber-Morgan Health Department opened up to walk-in clients Tuesday. Davis and Utah counties haven’t opened any formal walk-in clinics yet, but they haven’t turned people away who show up at their vaccination sites without an appointment.
Today’s Top Stories
- NASA astronauts upgrade space station systems during 300th US spacewalk
- Times Square New Year’s Eve ball drop will go virtual this year
- Church responds to Equality Act, urging for religious freedom protection
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- ‘OK’ is now a hate symbol, the ADL says
- Fire destroys mobile home in Taylorsville
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Many SLC parks remain closed for continued cleanup from windstorm
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- Stephanie Povey – Morgan Elementary School