I-80 closed after semi-truck rollover on eastbound highway in Tooele
TOOELE COUNTY — Eastbound I-80 closed this morning after a semi-truck rolled just east of the Skull Valley Road turnoff.
It happened around 8:30 a.m., and both lanes of travel were blocked and Utah Highway Patrol shut down the freeway for clean up. Officials said the semi was hauling food, but didn’t say what kind.
UHP said they are trying to open at least one lane of travel as soon as possible, but it could take a few hours.
A crash on I-80 EB just after the Skull Valley Rd exit has CLOSED the freeway. Use SR-196 (Skull Valley) exit as your alternate from Wendover to Tooele. pic.twitter.com/oti9R4pGo8
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) March 31, 2022
Drivers were encouraged by UHP to take Skull Valley Road as an alternate or risk being stuck in stopped traffic for hours.
The left lane of I-80 eastbound reopened just after 12:00pm on Thursday. The right lane is expected to remain closed for a while longer for clean up.
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Troopers respond to yet another wrong-way driver on I-80 in Utah
- One person killed in I-80 crash in Tooele County
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- A $1.6 billion jackpot has Utahns crossing state lines for lottery tickets
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds
- Flash flooding, storms, wreak more havoc on southern Utah
- The Magic of Fairy Gardens | KSL Greenhouse